We’re seeking an experienced and passionate WordPress developer to join our technology team and help with the development of current and future projects. The team member will be involved in the planning, development, QA and validation process of projects. They will work closely with customers and teammates to address the various technical issues that can occur during the life of a project as well as perform routine maintenance on completed websites, including those that live on the WordPress CMS platform.
To learn more about CONNECTIVE Agency, our services, and see our space, visit https://connectiveagency.com/services/
We are currently a hybrid work company (work from home and from the office) and we offer professional development opportunities for our team.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Collaborate closely with graphic/web design team to create an optimal user experience
- Determine required technology and functionality on a per project basis
- Build static and/or dynamic websites that are responsive and user friendly
- QA websites for technical and validation issues
- Ensure websites are optimized for the user on various browsers and devices as well as indexable by search engines
- Ability update content and install plugins in the WordPress CMS platform
- Collect, organize, and track all credentials needed for website projects (i.e., domain registrar, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Communicate with project and account team members on a consistent basis to provide progress updates and answer client questions
The developer requirements and qualifications we’re seeking are:
- Strong working knowledge of the WordPress CMS platform
- Ability to build custom WordPress themes and plugins from scratch
- Strong working knowledge of the Advanced Custom Fields plugin
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
- Understanding of the website development life cycle
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Experience developing responsive websites
- Comfortable working with debugging tools including Firebug, Chrome Inspector, Console
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their effects across browsers and devices
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML prototypes
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML) – Experience using code version control (Git, SVN)
- Ability to project manage and good communication, teamwork skills
- Strong organization skills to keep track of simultaneous projects
Please send your cover letter note and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing why you’re interested in the developer position here.
We look forward to hearing from you!